Wednesday, October 7, 2009

my car is back..

I've had my car in the shop since the Huntsville quilt show...it has been a stressful event, in that I did not let my husband fix it...even though the check engine light has been on for over a year, with no evidence that it was going to magically be fixed one of these days, I decided to let someone whose profession is to fix cars do it... oh the drama...well it's fixed (I hope).  It was way more work than I was expecting...It wound up needing a valve job...I was running on 3 cylinders, and it needed a timing belt and a sensor or two, then something with the computer was messed up... mixed signals or something...I prayed that they would figure out the computer issue today.. and I have my car back... I think someone else must have been praying for me too.... probably the mechanic..ready to be rid of this frazzled lady's car... my husband's pride was pretty badly wounded....hopefully he will settle down now that the car is back.

2 comments:

  1. Gone are the days of screw driver maintenance. Now you need advanced degrees in nuclear science to work on cars. I miss the old days. At least your car is back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be back behind your own wheel, isn't it? The husband will get over it, they always stew & then they do. (get over it, I mean) Men! They just do not have the same vison as women.....Well, most men. Mine's turned out okay...Maybe he raised me right??? Ha Ha - Who knows.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete