Tuesday, August 25, 2009

goodies

okay, okay, I know...no time for sewing at the moment... here's some of what I've been doing (besides working)

lots of football stuff.... #63 is my baby... they won their opening jamboree game on Friday. Wish them luck this Friday is the first official game.


...A little canning..ok, a lot of canning... this is just a sampling: pickled squash, canned tomatoes, pears in syrup, pickled jalapeno peppers, pickled banana peppers, bread n butter pickles, dill pickles, salsa,pear preserves, pear salsa, blueberry jam, figs in syrup, fig preserves, jalapeno pepper jelly.... not pictured is blueberry butter, blueberry syrup, green tomato relish, green tomato chutney, oh....and other stuff that I can't recall at the moment...

...then there's all the frozen stuff from the garden.... green beans, squash, zucchini, blueberries, corn, okra... still more stuff growing....
I do still dream of sewing something pretty...









3 comments:

  1. I'm exhaused just looking at the picture of the food.
    Good picture of the 63 - all the butts too.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd give my stash for a garden. Enjoy the canning and freezing! All of it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my garden...but, I don't think I could part with my stash...I want it ALL... :)
    ...sometimes it is exhausting...but it's worth it..

    ReplyDelete